I think the one downside to breastfeeding is that you always need to be near your baby to feed them and it can be very draining to have that constant responsibility – it means you can never have a decent chunk of time to yourself as you need to be around for feeding.
That’s why I think breast pumps are brilliant. They allow mum to have some time off and go out with her friends or even just by herself! And it gives dad or someone else a chance to feed the baby.
There are a number of different pumps out there to try – manual and electric.
I love an electric pump for speed. I can collect about 5 ounces of milk in around 10 minutes on a good day. Lansinoh’s Single Electric Breast Pump has been designed to express milk both effectively and discreetly. It can be used plugged into the mains or with batteries – meaning it can be popped in your handbag for on the move pumping! There are 6 different speeds including a let down phase and an LED light for times when you may be expressing in low light, for example at night time. The Lansinoh pump also uses the closed pump system, meaning no breastmilk can go back into the tubing. Check out the giveaway below to win your own breast pump!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions:
- This giveaway is open to UK residents only.
- The prize will be delivered by a third party.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- The winner’s details will be passed on to a third party to fulfil the prize. Your details will not be shared with anyone else.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- The winner will be contacted via email and have one week to claim their prize. Failure to do so may result in a new winner being drawn.
- The winner’s name will appear on the Rafflecopter widget.