You may have gathered from a few of my recent posts (what we did last Christmas and making this years Christmas cake) that I’m a HUGE Christmas fan. Even before Alfie came along it was my favourite time of the year, but now it is even more so. Nothing is more magical than Christmas with a child.
Alfie is going to be 17 months at Christmas this year and he will be a bit more aware of what’s going on. Whilst he won’t really know the reasons behind it or why we meet a random man in a red suit with a beard, I hope he will get excited as I do about it all!
I love doing Christmassy activities in December, so I have put together a bucket list of activities! I am hoping to have all my shopping done and presents wrapped by the first weekend of December so I enjoy ticking everyone of these off.
Christmas Bucket List
1.Put up our Christmas decorations and listen to lots of cheesy Christmas songs whilst we’re doing it! Finish off with a hot chocolate and Christmas movie.
2. Visit Father Christmas at a local attraction.
3. Attend our local light switch on.
4. Go and see a pantomime.
5. Visit our local Christmas garden centre display and marvel at the pretty light displays.
6. Take a ride on the local santa train. We did this activity last year and it was so much fun!
7. Visit a local Christmas market/fayre.
8. Go to the Christingle event at our local church or the church we were married in.
9. Attend Midnight mass on Christmas Eve. I’ve not been before but have always wanted to.
10. Attend our annual Christmas lunch with our friends. We started this tradition two years ago and it’s becoming an event we all look forward to – although each year it’s getting bigger with all the kids we’re having! It was also at our first annual Christmas lunch that we announced our pregnancy, so it will always hold special memories for us!
11. Do some Christmas baking
12. Build a gingerbread house
13. Create some Christmas crafts. I have been trawling Pinterest for lots of ideas to make cards and decorations for our friends and family
14. Find a local Christmas Eve activity. As it’s on a Saturday this year, I’m hoping there will be some great events to attend.
15. Look out for Santa travelling the streets of our town in his sleigh. It’s an event organising by our local Rotary club everywhere.
16. Visit the legendary houses with Christmas lights in our town.
17. Go sledging and make snow angels (weather permitting!).
18. Wear as many Christmas themed outfits as possible.
19. Enjoy a cosy afternoon of watching Christmas movies.
20. Open our Christmas Eve box and put our treats for Father Christmas.
I hope we can make our way through this list this year, and start some lovely new family traditions.
What are your favourite things to do at Christmas?
Proud to be linking with: